Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Biogenic Days, day 2

Yesterday didn’t go as well as I had planned. I want so badly to “be a good girl” and only eat what’s on plan, yet I constantly sabotage myself. I ate all my protein, and eggs, and grapefruit, two large salads and only two tablespoons of dressing (which isn’t nearly enough for two salads with 7 oz. of protein), but I couldn’t bring myself to each any cooked veggies, or a second thermo snack. Instead, I ate a deliciously decadent caramel, chocolate cookie bar, and then later 4 little vanilla sandwich cookies. I’m not even sure why I ate the cookies, other than the fact that they were there…calling me, taunting me from the back room. Four evil cookies wearing away at my willpower; egging me into eating them even when I knew I shouldn’t.

Oh how I hated myself as I lay down to sleep last night, sleep that was too long in coming as I sucked on a piece of hard candy. I am weak; I admit it, weak and possibly addicted to sugar. I need a 12 step program, because right now, cookies taste a lot better than lettuce.

Today is going marginally better. I haven’t “cheated”, but I’m dying for something sweet and gooey, or sweet and chewy. Gads, I’m killing myself here. I even had the hot chocolate thermo snack, which did very little for curbing this horrific craving. I just have to keep telling myself “you can do this Chaney”, and pray that I am right.

Weigh in tonight….I’ll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard, who can relate better then I can?! Get gum for the moments you're at home and feel like eating the crap food because it's there. Find some sugar free hard candies and eat them only when in emergency - keep them in the car if you think you'll eat them because they're there. MUST get all the foods in!! This plateau breaker is going to jump start your metabolism into losing again. If you have to throw away the junk food, do it... Aunt Sherry and Rick don't need it either :-) You're doing awesome and yes, you CAN and you WILL do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right Tracy, I'm just having a pity party for myself at the moment. But it's time, as your mom would have said, to put on my big girl panties and get over it.

    ReplyDelete