Friday, May 10, 2019

Meds, Day 1


Today, I start my new medications. I’ve been prescribed 37.5 mg of Phentermine and 750 mg of Metformin. Dr. T. recommended that I start with a half a pill of the Phentermine for the first six days, and then move to the full dose. So, for today, I start with 18.75 mg of Phentermine. Tomorrow I’ll add the Metformin.

I took the first ½ pill when I got to work, about and hour after breakfast as directed. So far, the side effects are not too bad, other than my heart is racing, and I feel like I’m buzzing.  If I remember correctly from the first time I was on this med, this feeling will even out eventually. 

At the appointment on Tuesday, Dr. T suggested that I may have something called Lipedema.

Lipedema is a chronic condition that manifests as a symmetrical buildup of painful fat and swelling in. the arms and legs, sparing the hands and feet. It occurs almost exclusively in women and is poorly understood

I’ll be doing some independent research on this. In some ways it makes sense, but in others it does not. Curious to see how or if this effects the journey.

I can’t seem to focus, another side effect of the phentermine, so I’ll sign off for now. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment