Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting Ready

The "Prep" phase of Slimgenics was deceptively simple. For three days all you have to do is eat all the raw green veggies and protein you want, drink 80oz of water daily, eat half an orange in the morning and the other half in the afternoon, take some vitamins and supplements and have two eggs with some skim milk for breakfast. My initial though was this was too easy. In a way, I was right.

By the middle of the first day, I was starving. Thankfully, Tracy told me the more you eat, the more you loose; so I just kept eating. I felt like a pig. A waterlogged salad eating pig. I was also suffering a raging sweet tooth.

This is the point where I would love to say I stayed the course and powered through the craving, but that would be a bald faced lie. Instead, I ate an M&M, felt guilty and tossed the rest of the snack sized bag in the trash. I even confessed my transgression to anyone that would listen. Apparently, eating only one M&M - it was blue - is not only hardly worth mentioning, but tossing the bag was a huge act of will power. Who knew?

Day two dawned with a whole new set of challenges. It was Monday, how the heck was I going to get 80oz of liquids down my throat while working? I started my period - hello Aunt Flo, and my partner was on vacation. The answers? Spend a great deal of your day in the restroom; peeing or hiding - it was all the same to me. Day two, was not easy, but I did it. I was, by the end of the day, no longer a fan of lettuce and I had a raging headache, but I made it through the day with no mishaps and even managed to fix dinner for my family without sneaking any "tastes" of baked beans or Fritos. Go me!

Day three of prep, was by far the hardest. My head was still pounding (I didn't learn until halfway through the day that I could have a 2nd orange to help with the headache)and I was utterly sick of green vegetables. Having never been much of a protein eater (at least not in the way of meat products), I was having trouble feeling satisfied after my meals and I was really missing fruit. The highlight of my day had become the diet 7up I would drink for my nightime snack. (It actually helped with the sweet tooth.) I couldn't wait for five o'clock to get here so I could go to the one required "class" and learn what foods I would get to start eating on Wednesday.

By the time five o'clock rolled around, I was tired, cranky, somewhat light headed (I hadn't had enough to eat, but my tummy told me it was full.) and my skull was threatening to split in two. I tried to pay attention in the class, but I'm really glad we got handouts because by the time I got home I couldn't remember squat!

I knew deep down this was all going to be worth it, the headache would eventually go away and so would the fat. I had made the right choice. Prep was definately not as easy and I thought, and yet easier than I make it seem when I read back over ths blog. I guess the question is, was/is it worth it?

Well, I lost 7lbs in three days, just doing the prep with no additional excercise. I'd say I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment