Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Motivation

Motivation is the key to achieving any goal in life. The trouble is that I have a hard time staying motivated. I'm lazy and I admit that, it's a barrier that I have to work toward breaking down so that I can move ahead.

For fifteen odd years, my motivation has simply been "to loose weight". I never asked myself why I wanted/needed/should loose the weight, I just told myself that I had to and that was that. One thing I have learned on this as yet relatively unproductive journey, is that without proper motivation, I WILL fail.

So now, at the start of this new path, I ask myself what my motivation for loosing weight is. This is what I came up with so far:

I want to have more energy
I want to use that energy to live a more active lifestyle
I want to like what I see when I look in the mirror
I want to stop hiding behind things whenever someone takes my picture
I want to get pregnant (sounds counter intuitive doesn’t it?)
I want to be able to play with my kids
I want to walk up the stairs without having to catch my breath at the top
I want to shop in the Misses department, not the Women’s and have cute clothes
I want to make other men jealous of my husband’s hot wife
I want to ride a rollercoaster without feeling squished
I want to ride an airplane without a seatbelt extender
I want to wear a bathing suit in public without embarrassing myself
I want my friends to say “Wow, you look great!”
I want my friends and family to no longer be embarrassed by being seen with me in public

I am motivated, I can do this, I will do this!

1 comment:

  1. Chaney, you had me saying "hell yeah" till I got to the end of this post. I want to assure you that not only is your family unbelievably proud of what you have accomplished so far, on the plan and in your life, but no one is embarrassed by you. We love you, support you and know you will do well with this. (I for one admire you and Tracy. There are far too many veggies and not nearly enough donuts on the slimgenics plan for me, though Lord knows I need to have a come-to-jesus meeting with the scale! K.

    ReplyDelete